2009-02-12

Valentine's Special: Audrey’s top-ten list of romantic gestures - continued

Audrey writes:

My boyfriend and I were on vacation in Jamaica earlier this month. One evening at the outdoor nightclub, the host began to select couples to appear onstage for a silly game. When he motioned to us, my boyfriend waved his hand to indicate “no”. At the same moment, I jumped up and said “yes”. It turned out that we four couples had two minutes to exchange clothing with our partners!

I raced inside the hotel, dragging my boyfriend behind me. I pulled off my top and he quickly unbuttoned his and took it off. He draped my little top around his neck while I buttoned up his big shirt. Then, I motioned to him to take off his pants. He laughed and asked me if I was serious! I insisted and we were both shocked to discover that he fit into my capris!

We didn’t win the contest but my boyfriend later told me that, when I rushed into the building to change, he thought we were making our getaway!

Once again, I thought I would share some of my boyfriend’s romantic gestures, in the hope that my list will improve someone else’s search for true love.

  1. Surprise her by bringing 1 kg (!) of her favourite milk chocolate in your luggage when going away on vacation.
  2. One evening at your vacation resort, sing karaoke with her, even though you have never done this before.
  3. Stand outside in the bitter cold (-25C) making Jamaican jerk chicken on the BBQ for a romantic dinner, and insist that she stay indoors.
  4. Give her your old laptop, which is still in perfect condition. Surprise her by loading the photos you have gathered of the two of you.
  5. Add her family members to your Skype contacts list and call them even when she is not with you.
  6. Eat her Christmas shortbread so slowly that she realizes that you really do love it. (Note: I secretly baked him more shortbread.)
  7. Visit the doctor for a full physical at her suggestion.
  8. Buy her vitamin D.
  9. Express intelligent opinions about her work.
  10. When you discover the long line-up to see Slumdog Millionaire at the World Exchange Cinema, act like it is an adventure and drive to the SilverCity Gloucester Cinema. Do not give up hope, even when, as you approach the cashier, the cinema posts a “limited seating” notice for the movie.
Previously:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, this made me feel warm and fuzzy. That's one thoughtful boyfriend. I'm glad he was easy-going enough to willing and publicly exchange clothes with you too.