2009-02-10

Nod to Bob

Bob, from tap my glass and nod my chin, who is one of Aggie's crushes, has started a series photographing nasty loos. This series appeals to me, and Aggie claims that she is loving this nasty loo series so far.

Friday night, I stepped into the washroom stall at a local Indian restaurant, and I was surprised to see an old dented pewter kettle at the foot of the toilet. I crossed my legs for a minute more, and in Bob's honour I took a picture.

Was I supposed to use the kettle water to rinse my delicate parts?

8 comments:

aandjblog said...

having a kettle by the toliet makes me wonder what it doing there too.. odd.

Stella said...

They do have this in India actually... For washing your delicate parts.

Woodsy said...

Stella, I thought maybe that was the case. I like the idea...

J., now we know.

bob said...

Wow, by no means nasty, and in fact quite fancy!! Thanks for the nod - mabye you can start a tradition of photog'ing fancy loos??

I'm still loving the fact that i normally have a picture taking device with me when i enter washrooms (which a few years ago would've been quite weird ;)).

Aggie said...

It's like a bidet, but better than a bidet. I'm not sure about using it in a public toilet, but I'm seriously considering pimping my own toilet at home with a nice kettle. Brilliant.

Woodsy said...

Bob, I know what you mean, it seemed so normal to me to have a picture taking device with me in the bathroom. I will take you up on your idea... you do the nasty loos and I will focus on the fancy ones.

Aggie, the same idea crossed my mind. What about a little electric kettle... or a tea-pot with a little tea light... the water could be warmed up.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's the first time I've seen a tea kettle in the bathroom! Weird.

Aggie said...

The electric kettle scares me, but I think you are on to something with the teapot and tea light. You just have to remember to blow out the tea light when you leave.