posted by 4th Dwarf
What's Going on Here?
- This used to be a meta-blog, that is -- a blog about a blog. The blog in question was the Fifth Muse written by a woman who wrote frankly about her life. She gave us rich material for discussion and exploration of our own boring by comparison lives. Sadly for us, she has moved on. Now we do our best to explore the world and our lives on our own.
Who are you?
- We are people who irregularly hang out on Elgin Street in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Do you guys all actually live on Elgin Street?
- Our addresses are closely guarded secrets. But no.
Does the Fifth Muse know about you?
- Yes. When we first started this metablog, she didn't know about us. In early August 2005, we revealed our project to her, creeped out her other fans, spooked her, got marginalized from the Ottawa blog community, jumped the shark... it's all in the August 2005 archives.
- She seems to have moved to Barrie and taken up Chinchilla ranching.
- The easiest way is to ask us. You could also try being boring, but that may not work if we are really desperate.
- We are in the market for a new muse, but it is not likely that your blog will meet our criteria. (No offence, our own Agatha hasn't qualified, hard as she has tried.) Here are some of our requirements:
- Your blog must not be easily identified with your real identity;
- You must write well enough that our grammarians don't cringe when they read your postings;
- Your postings must not be so long or rare that our attention-deficit members tune out;
- You must have a more or less dysfunctional life; but
- You can't be so close to the edge of losing it that we worry that what we say will push you over the edge.
- Features in your blog that will make us more interested in metablogging you are:
- Conflict; and
- Ottawa references.
- Start with comments.
- We prefer comments that have identities we can track (e.g. Blogspotters).
- If you are unpleasant or libellous, we'll delete your comment.
- We'll also delete "outings" and spam.
- Let our BlogAdmin know (mauvejoe/yahoo/ca) if you'd like to become a full-fledged contributor.
- The usual spot is already too crowded.
- Oh, yes. It is entirely possible.
- Nothing, really.