2009-02-20

Not just another tawdry burlesque...

What a richness of embarrassments! This is a day when I could be blogging about how frigid Ottawatamies finally experienced the Big O - with Beaver Tails instead of ESI BeaverBalls™, no less - or the utterly, indefensibly brain dead and lame reasoning (Paragraph seven is the howler) offered up by the Ottawa Transit Committee, for disallowing some gently quizzical atheist bus ads. Which, whether you personally hold with atheists' views or not, they should be reasonably be able to do. Even the Christians say so. And which, if you take an already insane argument to its even more illogically insane extreme, could be grounds for charging every proselytizer for every religion on the planet, past and present, with hate speech crimes. But I, unusually, digress.

We Irregulars know where our valuable core constituency lies. And so I just want to make very, very clear that this is not a kitty blog post. Oh, no. It isn't. Uh uh.

This is partly because the Independent Observer has quite rightly voiced severe doubts about that particular slippery slope to hell, and partly because we, like our current PM, hold exceedingly high - in fact inviolate - principles. We would never stoop to some kind of sleazy compromise, in a cheap and transparent attempt to jack up our public approval numbers. Oh, wait...

Still! Nope, this photograph is not of a kitty. No way. It is in fact a museum-quality image of an exceedingly rare, devastatingly cutesy, and therefore totally hit-grabbing and web-sticky specimen of a Bhutanese Pander Bear. There. I said it. I'm not ashamed.

Thank you for dropping by to see it. Come back often. Bring all your friends. Before I eat it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say...I'm surprised you haven't already had a tasty meal of the creature, WHATEVER it is.

Woodsy said...

Anonymous, don't be surprised... Coyote's fattening the thing up first.

coyote said...

Nonny: Ummm, who says I haven't...?

Okay. I haven't.

Well, maybe just a little taste...

Woodsy: And I wouldn't have been forced to this sad extreme, if you hadn't gotten all snarky and chased me away from dinner earlier this week... right now, all I can do is play endless games of pinochle with him, ply him with chips and dip, and wait it out...

Shhh! He doesn't suspect a thing...

Jen G said...

A propos of cats and blogs and the question of whether they are frivolous content or serious and news-worthy, I offer the following...

http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2009/02/21/should-cnn-replace-stock-analysts-with-cats/

coyote said...

Seeeee??!!! Cats is brain food!