2008-01-16

The PC * Primer

* Pee Clues **
Well. After one's recent snappy exchange with the ESIs' (really, probably all of Ottawa's) favorite Sassy Redhead, one feels compelled to explore the topic in more depth. You know. Put one's nose to the ground, sniff around, tread a contemplative circle for a bit, satisfy oneself that one has found exactly the right spot, and then... one digresses. It must be instinct.

She raises a valid question. Why need we be concerned if a certain partner pees on himself, and only himself, then walks into a Tim Horton's? What business is it of ours? Other than because he blogged it for the entire Internet to read, I mean.

Well. I can only speak for myself, because other members of this little consortium may (okay, almost certainly do) have other thoughts on the topic.

In my view, though, if he's going to make a habit out of this kind of thing, there are products out there that are way better adapted to some form of human riding in an auto's shotgun seat, than Coke cans.

More importantly, as one of several four-legged species that regard this form of communication with the utmost seriousness, I have to say that if he's peeing on himself, that's just a totally egregious waste of perfectly good territory-marking ammo...
** C'mon! You didn't think this was going to be about Political Correctness? Personal Computers? President's Choice? Or, Dog help us, the Progressive Conservatives? Did you?!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... has Coyote found himself a muse?

Harmony said...

I was thinking the same thing myself, Woodsy.

Tiana said...

Snappy exchange??? I thought I was quite polite!

"4D asks if we should have any concerns about the in-a-delicate-condition T and her husband."

Now I see your urine concerns, and they are valid... but what does that have to do with me? I wasn't even there!

Anonymous said...

Except that I'm not referring to the classy Sassy Redhead...

coyote said...

Oh, for heaven's sakes. By 'snappy', I meant 'brisk and to the point'. If I'd said snappish on the other hand, that would've been a whole 'nother meaning. I understand that you weren't there, but maybe you could pass on the message. And come to think of it, I forgot to mention Depends...

And Woodsy and Harmony, what the hell are you on about...?

Harmony said...

Gee. You're a coyote, you totally love writing about pee, and take every opportunity to write about it, and now there's this guy...

coyote said...

My interest is p(ee-)urely academic... and anyway, we need to find a group muse rather than a narrow one-member specialty. Now, (ever-so-politely...) piss off, ma'am!

Anonymous said...

Coyote, I think urine denial...

coyote said...

Oh, it's only about me, is it? Did you notice how long this comment thread is getting?

I think I'll just file your views in my interestingly disingenuous misunderstanding file. Because I would totally never do anything disingenuous myself....

4th Dwarf said...

C-dog, I was going to say that Woodsy and Harmony may be on to something, but I just went to his blog and it seems this Mission Control fellow doesn't want to be meta-blogged.

So much so that he has announced he has deleted his Facebook account, he won't be blogging any more, and we can all engage in carnal activities with each other (or words to that effect.) [Read it here before he deletes his blog.]

It's a shame because he has a gift for language. I particularly like: "I can just picture it, all sitting around some table like a murder of fucking crows, cawing on about whomever is the flavor of the week."

This might even be a nod to Zoom's recent postings on crows Jan 8 and Nov 1

Anonymous said...

Woodsy's confused, if he didn't want people to know about his pissing, why did he tell the whole world about it?

Out of respect for his nice wife, I won't say another thing about it... subject closed.

coyote said...

Judging him? No. Copping attitude? Yes. A lot like his, and for most of the same reasons he says he writes.

But Dude in K's comment is dead on. If you post in an open forum (as yourself or otherwise), people comment. And I, too, think he should rock on.

I'm sorry he's pulled the plug. He has interesting things to say and expresses them wonderfully. Whether it was only to make his friends laugh or not, I laughed too. If I've offended him, I apologize wholeheartedly. That wasn't my intent.

Agreed, Woodsy. Subject closed.