2005-09-13

Coaching

What is a "balance coach", I asked. A little googling turned up a website with a list of balance coaches and their photos, men and women. Some are cute but they probably have some ethical thing about not dating their clients.

This Life Purpose/Spiritual Coach, is Laurie Rockwell A Modern Day Socrates

A modern day Socrates. Know thyself is what it's all about and Laurie helps you take charge of your life based on the "true you."

"Once I put my heart, mind and my intention into it, Laurie was able to help me discover my purpose in life." - Mary Kelley
Now 5M, might be looking for a coach, but I'm thinking some of us might want to be a coach.

That's where Coach Training Alliance comes in. These folks are all set to take us from being smug judgmental wankers to becoming professional coaches who:
enjoy the financial rewards and personal fulfillment of owning their own businesses while making the world a better place.
They've even got a quiz that will tell you if you've got what it takes [I do, 49 out of 50 points. Hint: it looks like coaches are strongly agreeable, wink, wink]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try some of the drugs some of these balance/life purpose coaches look like they're on...
If I became a life coach, maybe I could coach Bob.

Anonymous said...

Agatha! This Bob fascination must stop! Bob is never going to comment on our MBlog if you keep this up. Now, breathe.........and think about someone else.

Dwarf: "strongly agreeable?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Whoooo, thanks, I needed that.

Anonymous said...

You know, Aggie, Bob has a new blog ...

coyote said...

Now you've gone and done it, Nonny...

Anonymous said...

Geez louise, ya call that list of candyass bozos coaches? If them guys is coaches I'm Mahatma Gandhi! Now listen up kids, I don'mean to get all Deepak Cherry on ya here. But sometimes ya gotta find your inner coach. That's right. Now lemme tell ya a tale from outside o' the rink here. Let's roll the tape -- geez we got no tape, freakin' CBC lockout. Seems some of our stars showed up at one of them shi-shi nightspots. Yeah, you get the picture. The 5M and her crew bump inta Dwarf and Aggie from the ESIs. So they exchange a few words, and that's all. And the Muse, she mounts the ol' charm offensive. And it's all nicey, nicey time. OK now back on the ice -- alright, we got some tape now, gotta love those scabs. So on the left side o' your screen there, yeah, take a look -- here's Dwarf mindin' his own business. And pow! There's Minty with the right uppercut. And Lana, now, mixin' it up. Musie's enforcers are on the scene. Poundin' the Dwarf. Givin' Dwarfie what for. Now that's good ol' fashioned Canadian hockey! And where's the Muse? Why she's sittin' back, takin' a breather. Cuz she's found her inner coach. That's right. Shippin' that slacker M to the minors in Trois-Rivieres where he belongs. She's makin' the moves. Knowin' when to ride the pine. Cuz remember kids, it's a long season -- it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Speakin' of long hauls, I wanna send a big shoutout to our military boys, helpin' them soggy Cajuns down there. That's right. I love those guys, only guys I know that uses frigate as a noun ... so, huh, what? ... Whaddaya mean I gotta picket. Geez louise, I gotta contract, an' ...

bob said...

Hi agatha and esis - thank you for all the warm sentiments, it truly makes me feel loved.

And yes, 'nonnys' rumours are true, i do have a new blog. I felt the timing was right, i've got some time to kill.

As for needing a coach, i probably do in so many aspects of my life, but I have a horrible fear of my actions being scrutinized.

Maybe my foremost coaching need to learn how to be less contradictory :)

4th Dwarf said...

Well, lad, if you decide to let someone scrutinize yer actions, I can attest that Dame Agatha gives good advice.

Mind you, most of the advice she gives me comes over the email or telephone and with you it might involve a personal meeting in a sauna.

WFKA5M said...

hee hee hee ... at least someone will get some action ...

Conch Shell said...

Is Agatha falling for a young commentator jumping the shark, 6A?