2005-06-15

A Failed Sighting

Met up with another mystery writer in the basement bar. Across the room we spotted the anti-muse. The anti-muse was in intense conversation with a lovely, vivacious woman that my colleague and I were convinced was the 5M. My colleague said, "Let me call Coyote. He'll be able to sniff this one out." Coyote arrived, took a whiff of the damp cellar air, and said, "Sorry ladies, it's a false positive", then settled into my carpet bag to avoid being found out. My colleague and I continued to observe the conversation, and jotted down some notes in our field logs. Here are some of our collective notes:

Lots and lots of mojo flowing. Woman wearing peach Barbara Streisand-like outfit. Appears fascinated by anti-muse. Smiling. Nodding. Leaning forward. A microphone. An interview? Another woman arrives. More batting eyelids. Another woman arrives. Truncated mojo? [This one came out of Coyote's snout].Interview cancelled. Plans to reschedule. Anti-muse asserts his heterosexuality to women. All appear intoxicated by his charm and wit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not just a river in Egypt (2)

The lcp's latest missive run through The Dialectizer on Jive mode...

a poem in relashun to a poem ah' wrote befo'e (fo' lia

is dis nuthin likes it wuz? de snowbird on de beach, watchin' baders

ya' gots de most phine shoulders i gots seen in any literature

de day ya' made soup, fro wet from de shower, fallin' over yo' bare, din shoulders

i gots less interest dese days in crossin' doodads out

coyote said...

Improves him, I think....

Anonymous said...

Excellent field wawk, Coyote an' Agatha. Ah do reckon yo' haf proven wo'thy operatives. An' ah muss say thet latess photo is most fetchin', Agatha.

coyote said...

Colleagues; I have discoverd a similar device, styled as the Snoop Dogg Shizzolator, which yields the following intriguing take on the field notes:

Lots 'n lots of mojo flowing, know what I'm sayin'? Brizzle wearing peach Barbara Streisand-like outfit, know what I'm sayin'? Appears fascinated by anti-muse. Smiling n' shit. Nodding, know what I'm sayin'? Leaning forward n' shit. A microphone. An interview? Another brizzle arrives, know what I'm sayin'? More batting eyelids n' shit. Another brizzle arrives." Truncated mojo? [This one came out of Coyote's snout] Interview cancelled n' shit. Plans reschedule. Anti-muse asserts tha dude's hetersexuality brizzle. All appear intoxicated by tha dude's charm 'n wit n' shit."

4th Dwarf said...

I wonder what they're saying over at the meta-meta-blog right now.