2005-06-15

A Failed Sighting

Met up with another mystery writer in the basement bar. Across the room we spotted the anti-muse. The anti-muse was in intense conversation with a lovely, vivacious woman that my colleague and I were convinced was the 5M. My colleague said, "Let me call Coyote. He'll be able to sniff this one out." Coyote arrived, took a whiff of the damp cellar air, and said, "Sorry ladies, it's a false positive", then settled into my carpet bag to avoid being found out. My colleague and I continued to observe the conversation, and jotted down some notes in our field logs. Here are some of our collective notes:

Lots and lots of mojo flowing. Woman wearing peach Barbara Streisand-like outfit. Appears fascinated by anti-muse. Smiling. Nodding. Leaning forward. A microphone. An interview? Another woman arrives. More batting eyelids. Another woman arrives. Truncated mojo? [This one came out of Coyote's snout].Interview cancelled. Plans to reschedule. Anti-muse asserts his heterosexuality to women. All appear intoxicated by his charm and wit.

7 comments:

The Independent Observer said...

Not just a river in Egypt (2)

The lcp's latest missive run through The Dialectizer on Jive mode...

a poem in relashun to a poem ah' wrote befo'e (fo' lia

is dis nuthin likes it wuz? de snowbird on de beach, watchin' baders

ya' gots de most phine shoulders i gots seen in any literature

de day ya' made soup, fro wet from de shower, fallin' over yo' bare, din shoulders

i gots less interest dese days in crossin' doodads out

coyote said...

Improves him, I think....

Agatha said...

And here are my field notes in cockney: "Lots and a bit of mojo flowin'. Lass wearin' peach Barbara Streisand-like outfit. Appears fascinated by anti-muse, init?Smilin'. Noddin'. Leanin' forward. I'll get out me spoons. A microdog and bone. An interview, eh? Anuvver tart arrives. More battin' eyelids. Right. Anuvver cow arrives. Truncated mojo, luv? [This one came out of Coyote's snout].Interview cancelled, right? Plans ter reschedule. Anti-muse asserts 'is 'etersexuality ter cows, init?All appear intoxicated by 'is charm and wit."

Agatha said...

Sowwy, that one was a bit sewf-wefewentiaw, wasn't it??

The Independent Observer said...

Excellent field wawk, Coyote an' Agatha. Ah do reckon yo' haf proven wo'thy operatives. An' ah muss say thet latess photo is most fetchin', Agatha.

coyote said...

Colleagues; I have discoverd a similar device, styled as the Snoop Dogg Shizzolator, which yields the following intriguing take on the field notes:

Lots 'n lots of mojo flowing, know what I'm sayin'? Brizzle wearing peach Barbara Streisand-like outfit, know what I'm sayin'? Appears fascinated by anti-muse. Smiling n' shit. Nodding, know what I'm sayin'? Leaning forward n' shit. A microphone. An interview? Another brizzle arrives, know what I'm sayin'? More batting eyelids n' shit. Another brizzle arrives." Truncated mojo? [This one came out of Coyote's snout] Interview cancelled n' shit. Plans reschedule. Anti-muse asserts tha dude's hetersexuality brizzle. All appear intoxicated by tha dude's charm 'n wit n' shit."

4th Dwarf said...

I wonder what they're saying over at the meta-meta-blog right now.