2008-02-29

Backstage at the metablog

A couple of days back, 4th Dwarf suggested, in a debunking tone, that I had not in fact eaten Bucky Katt. Well, duh. The Irregulars are never what they seem. But since Shorty has twitched up the curtain on our artifice anyway, maybe it's time raise it further, give you an ESI metablog studio tour, and show you our secrets.

Most of the time, the ESIs choose not to play up the endless rehearsals, sweat and technical know-how that go into producing this blog. We prefer to make it look all spontaneous, effortless and airy. But our cast and crew are pros, and when those megawatt studio lights are switched off, we're busy in the shadows backstage and offstage, preparing carefully for our respective roles.

It's not all glamour. The Dwarf, f'rinstance, has to wear painful elevator lifts in his bootees when he blogs, to jack him up to regulation dwarf height. He's much shorter in real life. I wear contacts onblog, coke-bottle glasses offstage, and shades on the street to stay incognito. I value my privacy. (I'll have you know, though, that my ears are just as big and pointy as they look on the blog, and all natural. No implants here. I digress.) Of course, too, every one of us has had a stunt double stand in for us during particularly dangerous blog sequences. Insurance.

So, all of you deluded bog-standard kittybloggers in Greely who were horrified by that last Bucky post - you know who you are - get a grip! Enough with the hate mail, already! There is no Bucky Katt. There never was. Bucky was played by a guest actor. But - listen up, because this is really cool - Legal has just told me that it's okay to reveal that the Bucky episodes were in fact Bloggie nomination-worthy performances by an uncredited Brad Pitt.

You didn't know? C'mon! The eyes and hair had to be a dead giveaway! I've gotta say, right here and now, that the guy's a total pro and a joy to work with. And I want his limo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coyote, now that your hanging out with big movie stars like Brad... do you need a personal assistant? I know someone... well click on my name...

Harmony said...

Coyote...sorry to hear about the hate mail.Those Greely-ites sure are a hypocritical lot now, aren't they? See, they advocate coyote-killing, but hyperventilate at the mere notion of curried cat. Sheesh. Best not reveal the recipe for that chinchilla compote you served the other day (it was yum!), nor your grilling guidelines for the hamster-burgers you favour in the summer...

4th Dwarf said...

If we have stunt doubles, how come when I'm left hanging out to dry, it's always me hanging there?

coyote said...

Short Guy, we all admire your dedication to 'method blogging' tremendously...